Pediatric Orthodontist in Phoenix, AZ
Lifelong Healthy Smiles Begin At an Early Age
Our award-winning orthodontist, Dr. Danyluk, and our team agree with The American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) who acknowledge the numerous benefits of children visiting an orthodontist in the earlier stages of their life. This is why it is recommended that your child’s first visit to the orthodontist be as early as age seven. Care from our pediatric orthodontist in Phoenix, AZ allows us to monitor your child’s growth patterns and focus on the proper time to employ braces or other orthodontic treatment.
Why Early Treatment?
- Identify and correct any developmental problems
- Check for subtle problems with jaw growth or emerging teeth while your child’s baby teeth are still present
- Prevent more serious orthodontic issues from developing further
- Potentially make future orthodontic treatments quicker and less complicated
- Help correct harmful oral habits, guide jaw growth, and guide permanent teeth into more favorable positions
- Give your child the best opportunity to have a happy, healthy smile
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty chewing and/or biting
- Mouth breathing
- Your child continues sucking his or her thumb after age five
- Speech impediments
- Protruding teeth
- Teeth that don’t come together in a normal manner or even at all
- Shifting of the jaw when your child opens or closes his or her mouth
- Crowded front teeth around age seven or eight
Benefits of Early Treatment
Receiving early treatment as a child can prevent the need for braces and orthodontics as an adult and reduce the chances of needing surgery to correct common conditions. Most parents who bring their child to our orthodontic offices for an early evaluation leave the office again happy to know that orthodontic treatment can wait – or won’t be needed at all. We firmly believe that early treatment should only be used when it is truly essential, and our orthodontists will not recommend braces for a child when simpler treatment can produce the same results.
As its name implies, Two-Phase Treatment is done in two phases. The first is when the child is young, around the age of eight or nine. The second comes sometime after the age of 11. This treatment can address severe problems, like underbite, without surgery.
See Our Pediatric Orthodontist in Phoenix, AZ
When you are ready to see how our orthodontic team can help your child, click here to request your complimentary Team Orthodontics Smile Assessment, which includes a discussion of your goals, in-depth exam, digital X-rays, and a comprehensive treatment plan. You may also call 480-759-3333 and speak with one of our friendly team members.
During your child’s new patient appointment, we will take the time to answer all your questions about our orthodontic treatments, our office, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us!
We service the following cities and surrounding areas:
As one of the premier orthodontic practices in Phoenix, AZ, our orthodontist and team at Team Orthodontics also provide 5-star orthodontic care to patients from Ahwatukee, Gilbert, Chandler & Queen Creek, AZ & the surrounding areas.