Pediatric Orthodontist in Chandler, AZ
Early Treatment Creates a Foundation for Healthy Smiles
Our award-winning orthodontist, Dr. Danyluk, and our team agree with The American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) who acknowledge the benefits of children visiting an orthodontist in the earlier stages of their life. It is highly recommended that your child’s first visit to the orthodontist be as early as age seven. Care from our pediatric orthodontist in Chandler, AZ, allows us to monitor your child’s growth patterns and focus on the proper time to employ braces or other care to reduce or even eliminate the need for future treatments!
Why Early Treatment?
There are various reasons your child should have an early evaluation, including:
- Identify and correct any developmental problems
- Check for subtle jaw growth issues or emerging teeth while your child’s baby teeth are still present
- Mouth breathing
- Your child continues sucking his or her thumb after age five
- Speech impediments
- Protruding teeth
- Prevent more serious orthodontic issues from developing further
- Potentially make future orthodontic treatments quicker and less complicated
- Guide jaw growth, correct harmful oral habits, and guide permanent teeth into more favorable positions
- Give your child the best opportunity to have a happy, healthy smile
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty chewing and/or biting
- Teeth that don’t come together in a normal manner or even at all
- Shifting of the jaw when your child opens or closes his or her mouth
- Crowded front teeth around age seven or eight
What Are The Benefits of Early Treatment?
The main benefit of early treatment as a child is that it can prevent the need for braces and orthodontics as an adult. Additionally, it can reduce the chances of needing surgery to correct common conditions. Most parents who bring their child to our orthodontic offices for an early evaluation leave the office again happy to know that orthodontic treatment can wait – or won’t be needed at all. We firmly believe that early treatment should only be used when it is truly essential, and our orthodontists will not recommend braces for a child when a simpler treatment can produce the same results.
How Two-Phase Treatment Works
As its name implies, Two-Phase Treatment is done in two phases. The first phase is when the child is young, around the age of eight or nine. The second comes sometime after the age of 11. This treatment can address severe problems, like underbite, without surgery.
Contact Pediatric Orthodontist in Chandler, AZ
When you are ready to see how our orthodontic team can help your child, click here to request your complimentary Team Orthodontics Smile Assessment, which includes a discussion of your goals, in-depth exam, digital X-rays, and a comprehensive treatment plan. You may also call 480-759-3333 and speak with one of our friendly team members.
During your child’s new patient appointment, we will take the time to answer all your questions about our orthodontic treatments, our office, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us!
As one of the premier orthodontic practices in Ahwatukee & Gilbert, AZ, our orthodontist and team at Team Orthodontics also provide 5-star orthodontic care to patients from Chandler, Phoenix & Queen Creek, AZ & the surrounding areas.